SHEF Grant Program:
SHEF supports schools within the Steilacoom Historical School District #1 with cash grants to support education within the district. Staff and faculty may apply for grants for initiatives within one or more schools within the district. The funding from this grant must be used in the Steilacoom School District to benefit as many students as possible in one school or multiple schools. The intent is to cover costs such as the purchase of materials, supplies, or services for guest speakers or consultants.
Unfortunately, funds are not available to compensate district employees for preparing or supervising these activities, although SHEF commends and appreciates the effort and value provided by SHSD staff.
This grant program provides yearly grants to schools in the Steilacoom School District with financial assistance to supplement or enhance the educational opportunities otherwise not funded by the school district.
Available Funds: $3,000 total for all grants
Any employee or volunteer of the Steilacoom School District may apply by submitting a signed application. Signature approval from the Principal of the designated school(s) must be obtained.
Grants are expected to:
The Program's intent is to support and promote student centered school programs that will do one or more of the following:
- Supplement or enrich the school's educational experience.
- Support programs or items that are not the school district's responsibility, i.e., anything considered basic school curriculum.
- Support Steilacoom District Academic Performance Standards.
- Communicate clearly the purpose and the methods to achieve the objectives.
- Reinforce student social, cooperative, and team building skills.
- Encourage and develop school-home-community linkages.
- Increase parental involvement and family support.
- Stimulate and motivate students to achieve academic excellence.
- Encourage students as active participants in the learning process.
- Encourage specific improvement in students skills and/or attitudes
- Nurture students desire to learn and create.
- Adapt easily for use by other teachers/schools.
|Grant Applications Available
|Submission of Application Deadline
|Grant Evaluations Due
||90 Days After Program Completion|
The grant application form must be completed to formally apply for a SHEF grant. If the grant request is not legible, reasonably detailed, and submitted using the appropriate form it will be returned to the respective applicant and not considered for an award.
Applications for grants can be sent to SHEF anytime prior to the application deadline date. The Board will not consider applications that are received after the deadline. Applications must be postmarked or transmitted with an email date and time prior to 12 midnight on the deadline date listed above.
Grant assistance can be provided by contacting the SHEF Grants Managers (See Below).
Contact: Click Here OR...
- Grant recipients must submit a written final report to SHEF 90 days after stated end program date addressing the achievement of stated outcomes, program evaluation, exportability, problems encountered, and actual budget.
- Applicants will not be eligible for further grants unless reports are submitted to SHEF within deadline dates.
- Waiver of dates will be at the discretion of the SHEF Board of Directors.
- Grant recipients must show evidence of SHEF Sponsorship for their project (newsletters, bulletins, posters, bookplates).
SHEF Grants Manager; PO Box 88576; Steilacoom, WA 98388
Grant Application: CLICK HERE
Steilacoom Historical Education Foundation
PO Box 88576
Steilacoom WA 98388
Dar's By Design